Thursday, April 18, 2013

Diamonds Downtown

I'm big into shopping locally.  Not that I'll EVER pass up a shopping trip to the mall in the city. I absolutely hate shopping at places like Walmart - as a company it's fine, great prices, decent quality & selection, etc.  My problem is with the people....See I wanted to grab a few groceries before leaving the city I work in so I didn't have to drive back in later.  Big mistake!  I was only in there for about 15 minutes and got ran into not once but four times by crabby looking, pj wearing (that's a post for another time) women.  No 'sorry's' or 'excuse me's', just a glare and they carried on.  I've tried to assertain  whether it was in some way my own fault but came up short.  Needless to say, I grabbed what I needed to feed the fam for dinner that night and got the hell out there.

Anyway, this post isn't really about terrible shopping experiences.  It's about good ones from places that are just outside your door.

I have a super cute store in my town that carries home decor, kitchen accessories, jewelry, scarves, purses. I know, I know it sounds like a crazy mesh up of items but it is gorgeous in there and some how it all works.  I'm always talking about it to my co-workers.  When my birthday rolled around in Feb those sweet ladies got me a gift certificate.  Unfortunately for me, the store was relocating to a bigger place and was closed for a few days.  Then life got busy and I couldn't get in there until last week.  Let me tell you it soooooooooo worth the wait.  Here's my score:



The bracelet was $18 and the purse was $52.   I'm absolutely in love with both. They're so unique and fun & affordable!  A co-worker even thought the purse cost a lot more than it did :D

So peps, go to your own downtown - take a walk and go find your own diamond.  I think it's better to shop locally and help out a real family and maybe make a new friend in the process.

Tammy

1 comment:

  1. love love love both of them. next time I am in town you have to take me!

    ReplyDelete