Monday, January 26, 2015

Stuffed Mushroom Caps



Stuffed Mushroom Caps






I did up this recipe for dinner guests on a whim. I knew that our dinner was going to run a little later with multiple stove top steps before I needed the oven.   I took the time ( like seriously less than 15 minutes!!!)  to throw these together.   The praise was almost overwhelming!

Ingredients:

16 oz ( or about 24 - 30 individual) White Button Mushrooms, washed & stems removed
1 jar (410 ml) Roasted Garlic Alfredo sauce
1 pkg (8 oz) Cream Cheese, softened
2 jars ( 6 oz each) Artichoke Hearts, chopped
150 grams Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed & drained
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1 1/2 tsp Parsley flakes
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
salt & pepper


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400*F.

2. Since I was pressed for time I softened the cream cheese and defrosted the spinach in the microwave.  For the cream cheese I just zapped it for 20 seconds, checked on it and then added another 20 seconds.  Since all microwaves differ yours may take a bit longer or a bit shorter.  For the spinach my microwave has a defrost button so I just set it up and let it do it's thing.  After it  was done I put it a colander and pressed out the excess water with a mug.

3. In a large mixing bowl mash the cream cheese and stir in the Alfredo sauce until well combined. Then add the garlic, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper and mix well.  Finally add the spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, Parmesan, and mozzarella.

4.  Wash and de-stem your mushrooms. If you haven't already.

5. Using a small spoon scoop up a bit of the mixture and fill the mushroom and place on a baking sheet.  Repeat until you run out of mushrooms.  I had a bit left over so refrigerate any that is left and you have a snack later.

6. Sprinkle the tops with a generous amount of the grated cheddar cheese.  Place in the oven for about 10 - 15 minutes or until the cheddar is melted and bubble-y.  Enjoy!

Stay Sweet!
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment