Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Best Friend Birthday Tribute





I met my best friend, Jenn in 9th grade.  I remember the day perfectly.  I bumped into my then bff and her in the hall going to the cafeteria.  We chatted for a few minutes when she brought up that her finger felt naked because she'd forgotten to put on the ring she wore every day on that morning.  I don't know really the conversation swayed that way but it did - the cosmos had a plan..... I happened to be wearing a ring that day and wasn't particularly attached to it.  It was cheap and left a green mark if you worn it too long but I handed it over without a single thought - with the warning of potential green marks.  And the rest was history.

Today is her birthday. I can't believe that one little cheap ring started a 25 year relationship.

We've been through everything together.  I think I realized she was something special when I was going through the worst break-up of my life. I won't get into the details of the break-up but it was pretty bad.  I really, truly loved this boy and he ripped my heart out and tromped on it.  When I didn't feel like I had a friend in the world, she showed up and stayed with me for an entire week.  I still can't believe that our parents allowed this because school night sleepovers were completely against all the rules on both our parental sides.  We cried A LOT, we talked, and eventually we started laughing.  She made all my decisions for me that week.  It's a bit of a blur really, but she was my constant. I don't know if she knows how much that single act meant to me.

Never would have thought that I'd find a friend that is so much like me, it's scary.  We love shopping, taking pictures, reading, cooking, writing, the list is endless. Although I did question her brief cherry whiskey fetish.  No matter what interests me I know she's on board and I'm on board with her. We can sit in complete silence and never be bored.  Time and distance has no effect on us.  When she told me she was moving 3 1/2 hours away it broke my heart.  I was scared that I was going to lose her.  But nope - ties like ours can ever be undone.

I love her humour, her sincerity, her honesty, her intelligence.  I'm jealous of her beauty.

So, for your little look into the lives of two crazy ladies strolling down this life together birthday after birthday.....






The Biggest of Happy Birthdays Jenn!

Much love & stay sweet!
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment