Thursday, March 26, 2015

Creamy Potato Salad

Well folks it's been a lovely spring and summer, the whole 7 days of it, but alas winter has returned on this fine March day to my Southwestern Ontario town. I'm sure we'll see temperatures returning to normal soon, right? All I can ask is, what happened to this global warning thing? I was all for it! Hopefully, in your part of the world you can think about picnic's or dinner on the deck while I watch softly falling snow cover my backyard. Again :( .

Anyone want to send a ticket south to me?  I'll make the potato salad, wink, wink :D

Creamy Potato Salad


Ingredients:

5 medium Potatoes
2 Green Onions
3 Eggs
1 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Paprika
Salt & Pepper

Directions:

1. In a pot of salted water boil potatoes and eggs.  Yes, you can boil them together.  You want the eggs hard boiled and the potatoes fork tender.  Once done, strain the water, remove the eggs & transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Let cool.

2. Chop the green onions, peel and slice the eggs (once cool enough to handle) into small cubes.  I have an egg slicer that I picked up at the dollar store that does the trick quite nicely.  

3. Add all the ingredients to the potatoes and stir until well combined.

NOTE: This is a great salad to take to those large potlucks. Here's my ratio's to increase the amounts if you need it.  One potato per adult.  One egg for every two potatoes.  One green onion for every 2.5 potatoes.  Increase the spicing & mayo to taste.



Stay Sweet!
Tammy




No comments:

Post a Comment