Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Strawberry Cake

Up until I was asked by my cousin to make her wedding cake, I had never had strawberry cake before! I know shocking!  Growing up any occasion cakes were either chocolate or vanilla. Or if it was a super super special occasion it would be lemon. Colour me surprised when I had my first taste of strawberry. I loved it!  You will too and adding a little colouring to make it ombre just adds to the cuteness.

Strawberry Ombre Cake

Ingredients:
1 ½ cups White Sugar
½ cup Butter, softened
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 cups Cake Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
½ cup Milk
1 cup Strawberry Puree
Red Food Coloring
Directions:
  1. Mix strawberry puree, butter, and sugar until well combined.  Add the eggs one at time, combining well in between.  Stir in the vanilla.  If you're not going to do an ombre cake, add the colouring now.
  2. Combine the dry ingredients in separate bowl. Then add to the sugar/butter mixture in 3 parts - mix until just combined.
  3. Stir the milk in gently
  4. For the ombre effect separate the batter equally into 3 bowls.  In the first bowl add a small amount of colouring, then slightly more for the second, and even more for the third.
  5. Pour the batters into a greased and floured cake pans.  Bake in a preheated 350*F oven for 20 minutes  or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  If you're doing a regular 2 layer cake bake for 40 minutes.
  6. Frost with icing & enjoy!




Stay Sweet!
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment