Saturday, May 23, 2015

Sausage Stuffed Peppers

I don't know how it happened but there's nothing scheduled around the Life & Food household this weekend.  No running around, no "I have to be <someplace> at <such time>".  It's late in the afternoon and I'm still in my PJ's without a care in the world.  I love these types of days <3 . I am considering heading outside to finish up prepping the garden but for me that's still a lazy task - just me, my tunes, and the weeds.  I am happy to report that after 4 years of waiting and watching a little plant grow, my lilac tree has finally bloomed and it's beautiful!


What are you doing today?  Over-scheduled & going crazy or kicking back & enjoying a beautiful Spring day? Do you know what works well on a either type of day?  An easy, delicious meal that takes almost no time at all to prepare.  I'm here to provide you the instructions for that kind of meal!  I'm so nice, aren't I?  Let's get this started!

Sausage Stuffed Peppers


Ingredients:

2 large Green Peppers
2 Mild Italian Sausages
1/2 small Onion
1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 cup Sharp Cheddar, grated
1 tbsp Grated Parmesan
Spaghetti Noodles
Parsley for garnish, optional

Directions:

1. Put a pot of water on to boil for the noodles & cook, as always, according to the package. I do break the noodles in half before adding to the water, it makes stuffing the peppers a little easier. Cut the peppers in half, de-seed, and wash, set aside to drip dry. I just set them upside down on a paper towel until I'm ready to use them.

2. Chop your onion and add to a small frying pan with a little butter/oil.  De-case the sausage into the pan and add the Italian Seasoning.  Fry until lightly browned.


3.  Once the sausage is browned and the noodles are done & drained combine both with the marinara sauce.


4. Divide the noodle mixture between each of the pepper halves.  Remember to push it into any of the curves and bends in the pepper.  Place in an oven safe dish and top with the cheddar and sprinkle on the parmesan.


5. Bake in a preheated 425*F oven for 20 - 30 minutes.  Keep an eye on the cheese,  you don't want it to burn but you do want the pepper to soften.  If the cheese is browning too quickly, cover with aluminium foil.  When done sprinkle with the parsley to add a little colour and serve.  Enjoy!


Stay Sweet!
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment